Sunday, June 15, 2008

Rawhide

We're headin' em up and movin' em out today with more suitcases than one could imagine. For the next couple of months, "Writes in the City" becomes "Writes at the Beach." Maybe I'll find some inspiration there. We do have internet access (thank God), so I'll be updating my blog. Plus, come mid-July, I'll be attending the Southampton Writer's Conference, and my plan is to update on all 10 days, so that I can bring all of you along with me. I'll need the emotional support.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads! I'm off to whip together a breakfast for my dear husband before we give him his gifts, then I'll see my own dad later today. Yes, I know it's a made up, Hallmark holiday. But still. I have some great dads in my life and they deserve some handmade cards and token gifts. What are your plans for Father's Day? Do you celebrate?

8 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Have a fabulous time! I wish you rejuvenation and progress, and the best time at the conference.

We had a good Father's Day, too. My hubby is one who, if it's not practical, doesn't want it. And since he buys himself all those practical things, it leaves nothing for us to give as gifts. But my oldest wrote a "song," and we grilled some delicious steaks, which was all he asked for. :)

WendyCinNYC said...

My husband is the practical type too, but he rarely makes any purchases for himself. Even if sorely needed.

So gifts are lots of fun. Underwear! Swim trunks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy. I found your blog via Melanie Alvilla's blog. I didn't know about the writers conference in Southampton. I'm fron LI and need to look into that. That looks really, really interesting!

WendyCinNYC said...

Glad you found me! I'm looking forward to/totally terrified by the conference in July. I'll let you know how it goes.

Janna Leadbetter said...

Darnit! Swim trunks. That's what I shoulda gotten him...

colbymarshall said...

Oh, I hope you get a lot done at the beach- I always find writing at the beach to be so relaxing. I'm going in two weeks, and I'm excited since the ideas tend to flow there!

WendyCinNYC said...

I hope so, too, Colby. Now if I can just shake these darn kids....

Anonymous said...

A belated comment on Father's Day. I have four daughters and a son. Two grown up daughters from my first marriage and a son 6 and twin daughters 4 from the love of my life.

Yes I celebrate. They are the joy of my world. I truly believe that fathers are very important in a child's world.

Steve