Monday, January 19, 2009

Random things that don't even go together

My kids are off school both for MLK day AND the day after (not sure what that's all about), so it's been a bit tough to keep up with blogging and visiting. Sorry 'bout that. And just look, I really don't have much prepared. Shame on me. Just a mishmosh of random things: 

--If you ever want to get some decent (and funny) insight to the workings of Wall Street, check out my friend Justin's blog The Curious Capitalist. He writes for Time Magazine, so he's not just some dude, but he has an interesting take on things. Plus, he has a very sweet wife. 

--I just finished reading The Invention of Hugo Cabret to my daughters and they LOVED it. It's a graphic novel, so I think it works even for younger kids.
 
--I'm a little worried about what Jon Stewart is going to do without this guy, but nonetheless how happy am I about getting a new President tomorrow? Oh, so very.

Happy New President Day, everyone!


6 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Hey, sometimes random is good! Thanks for the 411.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Two days home from school? Bet the kids love that and the short school week.

Rafael said...

No worries about our friend Jon, with the new VP at hand there will be plenty of material to go around.

WendyCinNYC said...

Janna--Thanks for being patient with my half-baked post!

Angie--My kids get SO many days off from school. While I enjoy spending time with them, go learn something already! Jeez.

Rafael--That's true. And I'm sure they will eventually take some shots at Obama. Just not quite yet.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Have you seen Chris Rock's comments that it's hard for him to make fun of Obama? I'm sure they'll figure something out in time...

ChristaCarol Jones said...

Jon will be just fine lol. I love him and Stephen Colbert.